Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Around the Farmhouse Kitchen

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas here at our house!  I would like to share a few pictures of some of my primitive farmhouse decor this year.  I have kept it pretty simple with touches of greenery and some simple vignettes.  The bay window is the exception in the kitchen and is decked out with a tree and village. My children no matter how old love the Christmas village.  These pictures are in my kitchen. I will share some more of the rest of the house tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays! You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

The kitchen table display is an old painted tool carrier that I usually keep on the table and change the contents with the holidays.  This year I filled old Mason Jars with treats for Santa and surrounded them with greenery.

















The old Chatillon country store scale holds a bundle of fresh holly from our holly tree.










































A few touches of Christmas on the beam above the stove.

For some reason this sled picture will only post sideways. Anyone know why?  I have tried everything to get it to post straight. lol.  Anyway, tip your head to see the old sled that was my Mother in Laws when she was a child decked out for the holiday.


The bay window in the kitchen adorned with festive tree and village.
















I hope you enjoyed seeing a few pictures of my kitchen at Christmas this year!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your home is lovely. Very nice decorating by you. I love that you have the
    old sled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorating is lovely. I love the bay window display and the candy jars in the box. The old sled is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful!
    Warm holiday wishes to you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I love your decorating! We have an old farmhouse too and I try to keep it simple. Your
    photos are beautiful...Love the candy jars also...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is beautiful!!!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your home! It is so beautiful!! I've been looking for one of those old sleds for years, they are so expensive. You are so fortunate to have one that has been in the family.

    I've really enjoyed seeing your Christmas decorating in you home, you do a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete