Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kitchen Laundry Vignette

Hi everyone!  I thought I would share my new kitchen laundry vignette with you.  I bought the stand and tub to use for an outdoor planter this summer, but until then I decided to put it in my kitchen with a few vintage laundry items I had. The stand the tub is on is old, but the tub is not. I added the antique National Washboard board, two old wooden laundry sticks, and a blue and white enamelware pan. The sign above it for Kirkman's Borax Soap is part of an old box, and the tin item hanging beside it is a soap holder/agitator.  I told my kids if the electric bill does not improve "meet your new laundry appliance" they were not amused!  I did hang the laundry out yesterday, but it is still chilly here.
Hugs,
Nadine


7 comments:

  1. love your laundry vignette!
    hugs,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gathering..Absolutely and totally Prim Perfect...

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very neat display. I love old wahsboards. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice gathering. I love to switch things around and keep things fresh. I am so glad for my modern washing machine.lol Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and just love what you told your kids. You sound like me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, that cracked me up... I need to use that on my kids! I love your laundry vignette! When I'm out antiquing or thrifting, I'm always drawn to kitchen and laundry items. I guess because that's where I spend most of my time, ha. I would love to find an old wash stand like that. Your awesome crocks look wonderful with the stand. Very cute display!

    Have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, so prim and pretty. You've given me inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete