Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Thyme Picnic- New Display



















I love picnics!  There is nothing better than to spread out the blanket and relax and enjoy some summertime good eats.  I decorated my bay window with this old picnic basket filled with an array of prim goodies, mason jars filled with canned summer fruits, ginger beer bottles for a refreshing beverage, lemons and limes, and an old civil war song book to read.  I hope this weekend is a relaxing one for everyone and maybe you can find time to even have a picnic.

4 comments:

  1. what a incredibly cute idea for decorating for the 4th/summer..I might have to steal this idea..have a great weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I hope you can use the idea! I hope you have a great weekend as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pics of flowers and the kitties. I am a follower now.
    Nice picnic basket display. Reminds me as a child at gramma's farm when we used to have a picnic under the old oak tree in her front yard. The day would be sunny with a mild breeze and the birds singing and not a care in the world. Just relaxing and enjoying the country life at the farm.
    I come from a long line of farmers and love the country life. We live on a 50 acre farm with lots of woods and plenty of nature to explore.
    Nothing like it.
    Thanks for the memory.
    Tamera
    Country at heart
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tamera, I follow your blog also! Living on a farm is my ultimate dream. But for now, I am happy living in a farmhouse style home...I envy you! Have a wonderful day!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete