Thursday, March 17, 2011

Old Boxes Make Great Holders for Everyday Items

I love old boxes and am always on the lookout for them.  The make great holders for your everyday items and give that primitive feeling.  This old biscuit box with original labeling, was purchased at a yard sale for 10.00 and makes a great place to store magazines and newspapers in the living room.  A knife box next to my kitchen sink holds the family's vitamins and medications. A small wooden measure is a candy dish on my counter. Cheese boxes can be used as planters, or seed starters.   Here is a picture of my biscuit box magazine holder. A crock with faux lavender and forsythia flank the side. The vintage wooden bird was found in my garage and brought inside.  I love the weathered feel of it. The game board rounds it out to be a great primitive gathering in a small space next to the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment