Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Out and About on a Beautiful Early Summer Morning

Today is one of those picture perfect days here in New England.  The sun is shining brightly, it is in the mid 70's and a light breeze is blowing. After all the rain we had everything is very green! I was walking around the yard this morning checking on my flowers and decided to take a few pictures.  I am a bit behind in my gardening this year because of the weather and the death of my mother in law, but things are starting to look nice around here.
I love the pinks. They remind me of peppermint candies. The wooden planters are planted with a few mixed perennials.






























Outside the back door, the old oak chair and table make a nice place to have a cup of ice tea in the morning. The old rusty bucket makes a nice pot. More pinks are planted in the rusty clam bucket. I do love my rusty buckets! The iron german shepard is a shoe scraper. The green table was a curbside freebie.















The outhouse on the property which hubby says will soon be my potting shed looks pretty with the old lobster traps and buoys out front. I collect old buoys and anything ocean related besides my prims. The old watering can makes a nice planter on top of the lobster trap.


At the front of the house the child's double seat adirondack chair has a potted pink petunia on its table, and here comes kitty to investigate what I am doing! The old wagon wheel with it's great red paint leans against the lamp pole. I am hoping the vine I planted will grow around the spokes.






























Beside the house the river is calm and the greenery is lush. I love sitting here watching the fish jump and if I am lucky I see a couple of river otters playing occasionally. In the early morning when I arise the croaking of the bullfrogs is like a chorus.  A black snake surprised hubby when he was fishing earlier here.he didn't catch anything. lol
























I hope today is a beautiful day wherever you are! Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment