Friday, April 29, 2011

Changing the Kitchen Table this Morning

Today has dawned a gorgeous, sunny and warm Spring day here in the northeast.  My heart and prayers go out to those who have been hit with these horrible tornados the past few days.  I can only imagine the feelings of helplessness and fear that a tornado would bring.  This morning I changed my kitchen table display.  I am a collector of vintage tablecloths.  I love them!  I love the patterns on them and the feel of crisp cotton. I put a different one on my table every few days.  I look for different patterns, the more unusual the better. I love to think of the 1950's or 60's housewife choosing the tablecloth at the store for her kitchen, and wonder why she chose the eg. orange tulips with the purple leaves, or the cloth with the vintage stoves all over it.   The one I chose today is not unusual, but features one of my favorite flowers the peony.  I paired it up with a old tin basin of vintage veggies (1960's), an old oil lamp, a pewter creamer and sugar, vintage rooster salt and pepper and a vintage art pottery pear pitcher that I found at the Salvation Army store for 1.99 a few months ago.
On another note, hubby came home with another great find yesterday.  A vintage queen anne style drop leaf table.  He found it out for the trash, asked the owner if he could take it and he said sure.  It is in my garage at the moment awaiting some magic.  I am not sure what to do with it..lol but who can pass up something like that?
Have a great weekend!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the vintage table cloths too..love anything vintage.. how many cats do you have? we have 7 and one dog..I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your wonderful home and prim decorating..:>) have a wonderful evening.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 7 cats and one dog also! lol Looking forward to getting to know you also. Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete