Saturday, April 16, 2011

Prim Pets- They Give Our Homes Patina

Oh how I would love to live in one of the houses I see in the magazines, spotless, not a speck of dust in sight. Everything arranged perfectly in an almost museum quality setting.  I love looking at picture trails of other peoples homes decorated in the primitive style.  I feel like I am walking back in time and wonder why, while my house is nice and we are happy here, it just doesn't look like those houses in the pictures.  Is it my camera?  Am I just not into all the things I should be like constant housework, decorating and crafting?  I think I know the answer to my question.  They are called Pets.  We have a lot of them.  7 cats to be exact and one spoiled Pit Bull.  At any one time you may find 4 cats sprawled out on the bed on my 19th century overshot coverlet. Or, I catch the dog running down the hallway with a prim doll hanging out of his mouth. He has chewed more dollies than I care to mention. Or the new scratch on the bay window sill.  Baskets make lovely scratching posts and great  "make-do" cat beds too ! How many coats of stain do you have to put on hardwood floors in a year?  I have lost count.
This is one of the prim cats named Misty.  Oh how she wishes that nest was real!  I had to snap this picture of her which is totally un-staged and came upon when I walked in the kitchen and saw her here.  I will skip posting a picture part II of this scene as is wasn't a pretty site.  Nest on floor, a bit of spanish moss missing  and kitty throw up all around it   But that is the way it goes in this house. Husband says it's all patina for future generations~I love my prim pets.














No comments:

Post a Comment